INTRODUCING MODULIFE, AN INNOVATIVE DIETARY MANAGEMENT SOLUTION FOR CROHN’S DISEASE
WHAT IS THE MODULIFE DIET?
ModuLife is based on the Crohn’s Disease Exclusion Diet (CDED), the first and only clinically proven therapy for the management of Crohn’s disease through diet.1,2 The CDED combines a specific Partial Enteral Nutrition (PEN) formula with a whole food diet specially designed to help you gain control of your Crohn’s disease.
1. Sigall-Boneh R et al. Inflamm Bowel Dis., Partial enteral nutrition with a Crohn’s disease exclusion diet is effective for induction of remission in children and young adults with Crohn’s disease. 2014;20(8):1353-60. doi: 10.1053/j.gastro.2019.04.021.
2. Sigall-Boneh R et al. J Crohns Colitis., Dietary Therapy With the Crohn’s Disease Exclusion Diet is a Successful Strategy for Induction of Remission in Children and Adults Failing Biological Therapy. 2017;11(10):1205-1212. doi: 10.1053/j.gastro.2019.04.021.
3. Levine A et al., Crohn’s Disease Exclusion Diet Plus Partial Enteral Nutrition Induces Sustained Remission in a Randomized Controlled Trial, Gastroenterology 2019;157:440–450. doi: 10.1053/j.gastro.2019.04.021.
50% of your daily energy intake from allowed food list & the other 50% from a specific PEN formula.
75% of your daily energy intake from expanded food list and the other 25% from a specific PEN formula.
This phase is a maintenance phase. 75% of your daily energy intake from expanded food list and the other 25% from a specific PEN formula. You may include 1 to 2 free days per week.
WHAT IS THE MODULIFE PLATFORM?
ModuLife should only be used under medical supervision, and only a health care professional trained to be ModuLife expert can help you set up your program access.
The ModuLife patient platform makes it easy to learn about and follow the CDED, with 24/7 expert support and helpful tools at your fingertips. With ModuLife, you’ll gain exclusive access to the following features:
✓ TRACKING TOOLS
✓ RECIPES & MEAL PLANS
✓ UNLIMITED MESSAGING
✓ ON-DEMAND EDUCATION
Wondering what you can eat on the ModuLife diet? With ModuLife, you’ll have access to hundreds of CDED-friendly recipes designed by nutrition specialists just for this program. These recipes offer creative ways to integrate mandatory and allowed foods into your daily meals. Many recipes also include helpful tips about the diet and food preparation.
The ModuLife recipe database has been made in collaboration with our valued contributors, including Rotem Sigall Boneh, RD;1 Antonia Harvey, MSc;2 and Shannan Grant, PhD, RD.2
1. Wolfson Medical Center (Israel)
2. Mount Saint Vincent University (Canada)
FIND AN EXPERT
This program is not intended to be a substitution or replacement for your medical provider, nor does it provide medical advice. Consult your healthcare provider if you have any questions concerning the information provided through this program.